Oatmeal Pecan Cookie Mix
This present will be welcomed by anyone who enjoys homemade cookies. The mix is simple to prepare and the results are yummy. I enjoy decorating the jar lids with fabric. As a finishing touch, I tie on a tag with baking instructions. —Bev Woodcock, Kingston, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, oats, pecans and rice cereal, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To make cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 160 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.