Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes16 pancakes (about 1-1/2 cups syrup)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden. Meanwhile, for syrup, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir; serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 775 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 108g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 3, 2016
I thought these might be tough with oatmeal in them, but wanted to try them anyway. They turned out great. The buttermilk syrup was really buttery and tasty.
Aug 24, 2013
they were amazing