Oatmeal Molasses Crisps Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in molasses and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. If necessary, transfer to a larger bowl; stir in oats and pecans.
- 2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until edges are firm, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 15 dozen.
1 cookie: 75 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Molasses Crisps
"My family fell in love with these cookies, the molasses is a great replacement for brown sugar and the hint of cinnamon is wonderful."