Oatmeal Fruit Cookies Recipe
I've been using this recipe for more than 25 years, so I don't have to tell you how much my family likes it! Whole wheat flour and oats make these crisp yet chewy cookies a hearty around-the-clock snack.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking, soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins, walnuts, coconut and dates.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 339 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Fruit Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC