Oatmeal Fruit Cookies
I've been using this recipe for more than 25 years, so I don't have to tell you how much my family likes it! Whole wheat flour and oats make these crisp yet chewy cookies a hearty around-the-clock snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking, soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins, walnuts, coconut and dates.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 339 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Oatmeal Fruit Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.