Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews forOatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
"Its Sept. 1, 2017 and I made these this morning and they are wonderful. and I will make them again."
"We love these bars. They're so easy to fix!!"
"These bars arecso good and easy to prepare!"
"I always make these exactly as the recipe states, but sometimes use chunky peanut and sometimes use creamy. Also, I sometimes use old fashioned oats. Always delicious and get rave reviews. This is my go to recipe when I want a quick, impressive cookie to share. Thank you for this recipe that makes me look like an awesome baker!"
"Will probably comment again after they're out of the oven! Just wanted to comment that I doubled the recipe and am baking them in a jelly roll pan. I'm not going to ice them, and I mixed the chocolate chips in with my flour mixture and added them all together. My grandmother always did that, saying that the flour coated the chips, helping them to distribute evenly throughout the dough! More after their baked! They smell heavenly!"
"Yum! Icing not needed."
"I've made these twice and plan on making them again. These are really delicious and super easy. I took an extended lunch break so I could bring to work for a an afternoon snack and they were a huge hit! I mixed dark chocolate chips in with the batter and no glaze. Used super chunky peanut butter too. Super good flavor."
"Nice flavor, but very dry."