- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews forOatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
"This is a great tasting cookie! We shared a batch with our weekly Bible Study group, and they really liked the taste and the chewy-crunchy texture."
"My Mom loves these cookies and does not want any other type of cookie. She really likes how crunchy and chewy they are"
"Nummy!,, these are great!"
"We loved this cookie. I love the crispness of the cereal and the chewiness of the coconut. I generally do not care for coconut, but you really don't even taste it in these cookies. I halved the recipe and froze the extra dough."