- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars; beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forOat-Rageous Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Family favorite. I have been making them since I first saw the recipe in 1997. Always turn out great, and we make them often."
"These cookies are the perfect combo of three traditional and very much loved cookies in my house. I recommend flattening them a bit before baking as they didn't spread at all for me. However, that might be a result of using natural peanut butter. These are delicious!"
"I've been making these cookies for years now. I double this recipe every time I make it. My kids love these, and so do the kids at church who I make snacks for each week. A keeper of a recipe."
"I doubled the recipe seeing it was small. I did half semi sweet and half milk chocolate chips. Very good. This recipe is a keeper. I think next time I make these I will try adding some chopped pecans and see how they are. Thank you for sharing!"
"3 of our favorite cookies combined in one."
"easy and great tasting........."
"Delicious cookies...we love 'em! Just one note.....I had to make sure I cooled the cookies for a few minutes on the baking sheet before taking them off. The first few, while hot, just crumbled through the spaces on the cooling rack. Easily solved though.....a yummy recipe!"
"They are the best of all three traditional American cookies in one!! Peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate chip!!! They are melty, crunchy, and nutty AND they are our NEW favorites!!!"
"I just found this recipe last month and have made these cookies twice already. Nice flavor and texture. I only make one tray at a time because I have no will power when it comes to these cookies. Perfect!"