Oat Nut Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all the ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add oats and nuts. Brush baked loaf with remaining butter. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 141 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Oat Nut Bread
"bread turned out perfectly! Soft and nutty."
"Love this recipe!! I made it with chopped toasted almonds instead of walnuts because that is all I had. This bread freezes well too!!"