Oat-Bran Chocolate Chip Cookies
While dabbing in the kitchen one day, my husband, Dale, came up with these hearty cookies. I begged him to make them again, but he hadn't written down the recipe. Ten batches later, he finally recaptured the wonderful flavor.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups All-Bran cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 187 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Oat-Bran Chocolate Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.