"My husband craves waffles for breakfast on weekends," relates Nancy Zimmerman from Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "This hearty berry version is one of his favorites. It's one of mine, too, since it starts with convenient buttermilk pancake mix."
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- In a bowl, combine the pancake mix, oats and sugar. Whisk the milk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in berries. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's direction. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
Originally published as Blueberry Oat Waffles in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p34
Reviews forOat Blueberry Waffles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review