O’Larry’s Skillet Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, onion, red pepper, jerk seasoning and salt in oil until potatoes are golden brown and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 129 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2009
Very good & quick with just a little zip.
Mar 12, 2009
I would definitely not discard the peelings, especially if you're going to boil them. Three negative things happen. The flavor is lost without the protective peeling, taste escapes, vitamins are lost and besides the peeling on fruits and vegetables adds to the flavor.