O’Hara’s Tartar Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 quarts
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 148 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Mar 20, 2013
Way too sweet. Sweet pickle relish is not the thing to use.
Sep 15, 2010
this is really good. i didn't have dry mustard or add salt or pepper to it. It is really good.
May 25, 2009
This is a very good tartar sauce. I first made it when I discovered I was out of store-bought but didn't want to make a special trip to the store. I may never buy store bought again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.