- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, prepare potatoes according to package directions, using 1/4 cup oil. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, apples and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Spoon sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forO'Brien Sausage Skillet
"My husband and daughter didn't like the apple in the dish but liked it otherwise. Quite a feat considering that my husband doesn't like potatoes. It came together quickly and I would do this again, maybe switching to a less tart apple."
"My husband loved it. He referred to this dish as "guy food". Instead of frozen potatoes I used fresh. I also used an organic pork apple sausage instead of the polish/kielbasa that the recipe called for."