Nutty Turkey Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the walnuts, cheese, Italian seasoning and paprika. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown turkey in batches in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Stir to loosen browned bits and bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 232 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 3, 2012
Okay, I didn't have ground walnuts so I used finely chopped walnuts, adding them to the sauce, plus I forgot to add the parmesan until the end. This may have rated a 4 if I'd done it properly. Not a bad recipe at all.
Jan 30, 2010
I used pecans instead of the walnuts. It was very good.