Nutty Tea Sandwiches
I created this recipe to serve at my tearoom, and my customers gave it rave reviews. The sandwiches are sweet and nutty and look beautiful on a platter lined with a bed of romaine lettuce. —April Simmons, Fort Laramie, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 tea sandwiches
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 slices oat bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in brown sugar, celery, pecans and extract. Spread cream cheese mixture over each of four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into two triangles.