Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead slightly. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 15, 2014
These rolls are DELICIOUS!!! They have become a staple with just about any soup recipe! If the soup is homemade - and it usually is - then these are the only rolls worthy of all your hard work!! The sweet nutty taste marvelously compliments a salty soup. My kids go crazy for them! Be careful not to roll them out too thin. Allow them to be thick and yummy! I try to take these out of the oven at the last minute so they are at their best!!
Oct 23, 2013
These biscuits are moist & delicious. Our favorite! Sometimes I add the nuts sometimes I don't. Wonderful either way. I like to serve them with homemade apple butter. Yum-yum!
Sep 29, 2013
It also works with almond chunks. The hubby hates walnuts.
Mar 24, 2013
My brother-in-law loved these and I like making them. They are really good. To go with supper or for a treat.
Apr 12, 2011
These were great but i left out the nuts.
Oct 16, 2010
These are wonderful. My whole family loved them. Thank you.