Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead slightly. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 15, 2014
These rolls are DELICIOUS!!! They have become a staple with just about any soup recipe! If the soup is homemade - and it usually is - then these are the only rolls worthy of all your hard work!! The sweet nutty taste marvelously compliments a salty soup. My kids go crazy for them! Be careful not to roll them out too thin. Allow them to be thick and yummy! I try to take these out of the oven at the last minute so they are at their best!!
Oct 23, 2013
These biscuits are moist & delicious. Our favorite! Sometimes I add the nuts sometimes I don't. Wonderful either way. I like to serve them with homemade apple butter. Yum-yum!
Sep 29, 2013
It also works with almond chunks. The hubby hates walnuts.
Mar 24, 2013
My brother-in-law loved these and I like making them. They are really good. To go with supper or for a treat.
Apr 12, 2011
These were great but i left out the nuts.
Oct 16, 2010
These are wonderful. My whole family loved them. Thank you.