Nutty Snack Mix
This toasty mix from our Test Kitchen is a little spicy, and a whole lot of tasty! Make it for that long car ride to grandma's house, or for the New Years party. No matter when you serve it, this mix will be a hit!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts. Spread into 2 ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cranberries. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 128 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Snack Mix in Light & Tasty December/January 2008