This toasty mix from our Test Kitchen is a little spicy, and a whole lot of tasty! Make it for that long car ride to grandma's house, or for the New Years party. No matter when you serve it, this mix will be a hit!
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts. Spread into two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cranberries. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Snack Mix in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p61
Reviews forNutty Snack Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2010
"I doubt I will make this one again. Doesn't have much flavor beyond the flavor of the nuts."