My daughter is a terrific cook and likes to come up with original adaptations of old favorites. As a matter of fact, she created this tropical-tasting shrimp salad.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Line pita halves with lettuce; spoon about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture into each. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Shrimp Salad Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p96