Nutty Sandwich Treats
The ingredients in my layered snacks provide plenty of texture and flavor. Plus, kids can help out by spreading the filling on the graham crackers.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 6 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir peanut butter and butter until blended. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from the heat; fold in pecans.
- Break or cut each graham cracker into four pieces. Spread with peanut butter mixture; top with remaining crackers. Spread candy coating over both sides. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased waxed paper; place crackers on waxed paper; place crackers on waxed paper and chill until firm.
Editor's Note: Confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Sandwich Treats in Country Woman Christmas 1999