Nutty Sandwich Treats
The ingredients in my layered snacks provide plenty of texture and flavor. Plus, kids can help out by spreading the filling on the graham crackers.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 6 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir peanut butter and butter until blended. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from the heat; fold in pecans.
- Break or cut each graham cracker into four pieces. Spread with peanut butter mixture; top with remaining crackers. Spread candy coating over both sides. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased waxed paper; place crackers on waxed paper; place crackers on waxed paper and chill until firm.
Editor's Note: Confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Sandwich Treats in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.