The ingredients in my layered snacks provide plenty of texture and flavor. Plus, kids can help out by spreading the filling on the graham crackers.
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 whole graham crackers (4-3/4 inches x 2-1/2 inches)
- 6 ounces white confectionery coating,* melted
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir peanut butter and butter until blended. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from the heat; fold in pecans. Break or cut each graham cracker into four pieces. Spread with peanut butter mixture; top with remaining crackers. Spread confectionery coating over both sides. Line a baking sheet with lightly greased waxed paper; place crackers on waxed paper; place crackers on waxed paper and chill until firm. Yield: 16 treats.
Originally published as Nutty Sandwich Treats in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p39