- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla; mix well. Set aside.In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture; nuts and rhubarb and fold in. Stir just until combined. Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cups. Mix together topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops of muffins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forNutty Rhubarb Muffins
"These are the best muffins ever. I bake a LOT of muffins, and these absolutely top the list. I've never really enjoyed rhubarb until I made these. Even my very picky husband said these were amazing. They rose beautifully and had a very nice texture - not too dense and not too dry. I will definitely be making these again. I need to plant more rhubarb."
"Delicious!!!!! Will never try another recipe!"
"These muffins are Great!!! They are so easy to make. I have had this receipe for over 15 years and I look forward to making them every spring when the rhubarb is fresh."