Nutty Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and water. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2016
Yummy for Fall!! Great recipe.
Oct 4, 2016
These muffins were well received. I used pecans rather than walnuts since my family doesn't like walnuts. I also put a few on top for decoration. Other than that I made them just as written.
Jan 20, 2012
These were moist & delicious & easy to make. I added 1/4 tsp. each of nutmeg & ground ginger, and put pieces of the chopped walnuts on the top of each muffing before baking. It made them more attractive. Next time I will substitute Splenda for part of the sugar and applesauce for the oil to reduce the calories.
Oct 10, 2009
I replaced the oil with Smuckers Baking Healthy oil substitute and the sugar with Splenda Blend for baking. This saved 140 calories calories and about 10 grams of fat, reducing the calorie count to 168 per muffin. I also added some nutmeg and cloves in addition to the cinnamon. They were delicious, definitely a keeper.
Jan 26, 2009
I switched the oil with applesauce, added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and allspice.They turned out wonderful. My family loves pumpkin cookies this recipe will be added as a pumpkin favorite.Angie Rensing