Nutty Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Gently roll up; place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 335 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Pumpkin Cake Roll
"I have made this one several times and it is always a huge hit"
"I make 20 of these a year for Christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam. They just love it"
"I make 20 of these a year for Christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam"
"I use a very similar receipe and every year I have to make it for my co-workers. I retired this year and they all said ...."don't forget the cake roll in November". I have had them crack occisionally also , but it's supposed to look like a log....the nuts and the cracks are part of it all....just enjoy !"
"I've been making this cake for years and it always comes out great. I got my recipe from a Bisquick ad in one of my monthly magazines. It must have been about 30 years ago. I will make it again, and if anyone loves cream cheese. It's heaven."
"I made this easy, EXCELLENT 5 star recipe exactly as it is written. I was skeptical, however, my skepticism was unjustified. Thanks for sharing June!"
"I have made this recipe time and time again. It is a big hit during the fall seasons and winter time too! Better make two cause they don't last long!...lol I also change the nuts, depending on what I am in the mood for and it tastes just as good."
"this is much easier than traditional recipe ,by using bisquick i dont have to measure flour, baking powder etc. very good"
"My family and I love this cake. I make it for my family and friends for the Holidays.Makes a great hostess gift."