Nutty Pumpkin Cake Roll
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Gently roll up; place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 14, 2012
I have made this one several times and it is always a huge hit
Nov 1, 2012
I make 20 of these a year for christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam. They just love it
Nov 1, 2012
I make 20 of these a year for christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam
Oct 10, 2012
I use a very similar receipe and every year I have to make it for my co-workers. I retired this year and they all said ...."don't forget the cake roll in November". I have had them crack occisionally also , but it's supposed to look like a log....the nuts and the cracks are part of it all....just enjoy !
Oct 18, 2011
I've been making this cake for years and it always comes out great. I got my recipe from a Bisquick ad in one of my monthly magazines. It must have been about 30 years ago. I will make it again, and if anyone loves cream cheese. It's heaven.
Oct 30, 2010
I made this EASY, EXCELLENT 5 star recipe exactly as it is written. I was skeptical, however, my skepticism was unjustified. Thanks for sharing June!
Oct 13, 2010
I have made this recipe time and time again. It is a big hit during the fall seasons and winter time too! Better make two cause they don't last long!...lol I also change the nuts, depending on what I am in the mood for and it tastes just as good.
Sep 26, 2010
this is much easier than traditional recipe ,by using bisquick i dont have to measure flour, baking powder etc. very good
Oct 8, 2009
My family and I love this Cake. I make it for my family and friends for the Holidays.Makes a great hostess gift.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.