- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar. Stir in pumpkin; mix well. Combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon, pie spice and nutmeg; add to egg mixture and mix well. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Turn cake onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Remove paper; roll up cake in towel, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Gently roll up; place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forNutty Pumpkin Cake Roll
"I have made this one several times and it is always a huge hit"
"I make 20 of these a year for Christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam. They just love it"
"I make 20 of these a year for Christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam"
"I use a very similar receipe and every year I have to make it for my co-workers. I retired this year and they all said ...."don't forget the cake roll in November". I have had them crack occisionally also , but it's supposed to look like a log....the nuts and the cracks are part of it all....just enjoy !"
"I've been making this cake for years and it always comes out great. I got my recipe from a Bisquick ad in one of my monthly magazines. It must have been about 30 years ago. I will make it again, and if anyone loves cream cheese. It's heaven."
"I made this easy, EXCELLENT 5 star recipe exactly as it is written. I was skeptical, however, my skepticism was unjustified. Thanks for sharing June!"
"I have made this recipe time and time again. It is a big hit during the fall seasons and winter time too! Better make two cause they don't last long!...lol I also change the nuts, depending on what I am in the mood for and it tastes just as good."
"this is much easier than traditional recipe ,by using bisquick i dont have to measure flour, baking powder etc. very good"
"My family and I love this cake. I make it for my family and friends for the Holidays.Makes a great hostess gift."