- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Gently roll up; place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forNutty Pumpkin Cake Roll
"I have made this one several times and it is always a huge hit"
"I make 20 of these a year for Christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam. They just love it"
"I make 20 of these a year for Christmas presents, give them with home made rehubarb jam"
"I use a very similar receipe and every year I have to make it for my co-workers. I retired this year and they all said ...."don't forget the cake roll in November". I have had them crack occisionally also , but it's supposed to look like a log....the nuts and the cracks are part of it all....just enjoy !"
"I've been making this cake for years and it always comes out great. I got my recipe from a Bisquick ad in one of my monthly magazines. It must have been about 30 years ago. I will make it again, and if anyone loves cream cheese. It's heaven."
"I made this easy, EXCELLENT 5 star recipe exactly as it is written. I was skeptical, however, my skepticism was unjustified. Thanks for sharing June!"
"I have made this recipe time and time again. It is a big hit during the fall seasons and winter time too! Better make two cause they don't last long!...lol I also change the nuts, depending on what I am in the mood for and it tastes just as good."
"this is much easier than traditional recipe ,by using bisquick i dont have to measure flour, baking powder etc. very good"
"My family and I love this cake. I make it for my family and friends for the Holidays.Makes a great hostess gift."