Nutty Popcorn Party Mix
Whoever receives this crunchy concoction is guaranteed merry munching. The snapped-up-in-seconds party mix features a combination of sweet and savory flavors. —Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makesabout 12 cups
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, nuts and coconut. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, corn syrup, coffee and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 331 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 3, 2009
This makes an excellent snack mix and is absolutely loved by all who come here to share special days with us. We will be making this many more times and keeping the recipe.