Nutty Pear Spinach Salad
Pear slices and some dried cherries, crunchy pecans, spinach and blue cheese combine to make this special savory salad from Laurie LaClair of North Richland Hills, Texas. "This elegant and impressive salad draws oohs and aahs every time I serve it," she notes. "Guests always think I've fussed, so I keep it my little secret that I can prepare this salad in 15 minutes!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pear, pecans, cherries and blue cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 554 calories, 47g fat (8g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Special Spinach Salad in Country Woman May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.