"While working on a recent cooking badge, my Girl Scout Cadette troop came up with this fun finger food," informs Diane Standridge of Sikeston, Missouri. "It's a yummy after-school snack that's simple enough for young children to make."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 2 cups salted peanuts, ground
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into thirds
- In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cream and Miracle Whip; mix well. Place peanuts in another shallow bowl. Dip each banana in Miracle Whip mixture, then roll in peanuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 510 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 8g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Nanas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001