"While working on a recent cooking badge, my Girl Scout Cadette troop came up with this fun finger food," informs Diane Standridge of Sikeston, Missouri. "It's a yummy after-school snack that's simple enough for young children to make."
Recommended: Grandma’s Best Baking Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 2 cups salted peanuts, ground
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into thirds
- In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cream and Miracle Whip; mix well. Place peanuts in another shallow bowl. Dip each banana in Miracle Whip mixture, then roll in peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Nanas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p40