Ranch salad dressing mix is the fast flavoring for these cute cheese balls. If your family isn't fond of nuts, roll them in minced fresh parsley, chopped ripe olives or finely shredded cheddar cheese.—Meta West, Abilene, Kansas
Recommended: 35 Super Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in the cheddar cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salad dressing mix.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nuts. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Mini Cheese Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p104