Nutty Maple Roasted Green Beans
These roasted green beans taste extra special thanks to the addition of pure maple syrup and salted peanuts. It's an excellent side dish that goes with everything! —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 4 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix the first seven ingredients. Place green beans in a greased foil-lined baking pan. Drizzle with maple mixture; toss to coat. Roast, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and bacon.