Nutty Maple Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups Oatmeal Crisp Almond cereal
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, syrup and oil; stir in cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 9, 2017
I made these and took them to school, very mixed reactions, a couple really liked them and some were polite with the comments..... I wouldn't make them again
Feb 12, 2011
not a favorite
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.