Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake
One morning about 20 years ago, a neighbor invited me over to help her "taste" this new recipe. Now every time I make this delicious coffee cake, it reminds me of my good friend in back in Ohio.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, mix sour cream and extracts.Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture. Mix well. Spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top; sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 258 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.