Nutty Ham and Apple Sandwiches
Almonds and apple add a pleasant crunch to these our-of-the-ordinary sandwiches. For a little variety, try substituting a different kind of bread or cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Spread mustard on each slice of bread. On four slices, layer the lettuce, tomato, cheese, ham and apple. Top with almonds and remaining bread.
Originally published as Nutty Ham and Apple Sandwiches in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.