Nutty Fruit ‘n’ Cheese Tray
Starting with packaged cheese cubes hurries along this lovely display. But trim your grocery bill by buying blocks of cheese and cutting them yourself, and trim time by using plain walnut or pecan halves instead of making the Candied Walnuts. Cost: $38.16 We stacked 12-inch, 10-inch and 8-inch cake plates to create this tiered display.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed Swiss cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 1 pound green grapes
- 1 pound seedless red grapes
- 1 medium honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Candied Walnuts
- Slice pineapple in half horizontally. Cut top half of pineapple into 1-in. wedges, leaving intact. Transfer to a serving platter. Peel and cube remaining pineapple. Arrange cheeses, fruits and walnuts on platter.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 313 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Cheese Tray in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006