Nutty Date Muffins
These muffins are easy to make and can be mixed in just two bowls, making cleanup speedy. This is a pleasant-tasting date muffin with a nice texture, compatible with many meals. —Deborah Ader, Sullivan, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the dates and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Date Muffins in Reminisce Extra October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.