Nutty Cream Cheese Biscuits Recipe
These nutty biscuits are worth every bit of the time they take to prepare. Their rich taste and creamy texture make requests for seconds routine. —Claudia Beene, Bossier, Louisiana
- 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, nutmeg and allspice
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Roll each biscuit into a 3-1/2-in. to 4-in. circle. Cut cream cheese into 20 equal cubes; place one cube in the center of each biscuit. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoonful over each biscuit. Set remaining sugar mixture aside. Moisten edges of dough with water; fold over cheese and press edges with a fork to seal. Pour 2 tablespoons butter each into two 9-in. cake pans; sprinkle 1 tablespoon of reserved sugar mixture into each. Dip one side of each biscuit remaining butter. Arrange in pans, forming a pinwheel pattern, with butter side up. Sprinkle pecans and remaining sugar mixture on top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 169 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Cream Cheese Biscuits
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC