These nutty biscuits are worth every bit of the time they take to prepare. Their rich taste and creamy texture make requests for seconds routine. —Claudia Beene, Bossier, Louisiana
Recommended: Maple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, nutmeg and allspice
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Roll each biscuit into a 3-1/2-in. to 4-in. circle. Cut cream cheese into 20 equal cubes; place one cube in the center of each biscuit. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoonful over each biscuit. Set remaining sugar mixture aside. Moisten edges of dough with water; fold over cheese and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Pour 2 tablespoons butter each into two 9-in. round baking pans; sprinkle 1 tablespoon of reserved sugar mixture into each. Dip one side of each biscuit remaining butter. Arrange in pans, forming a pinwheel pattern, with butter side up. Sprinkle pecans and remaining sugar mixture on top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Cream Cheese Biscuits in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p15