Nutty Chocolate Truffles
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, wafer crumbs and strawberry preserves. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 68 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 13, 2010
Jan 25, 2009
I made this recipe for the holidays & the truffles were really delicious! I gave them to friends who enjoyed these scrumptious candies! They're so easy to prepare! Dawn Lowenstein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.