Nutty Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 5 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables; cook 4 minutes longer. Add garlic; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; stir in the broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and pepper sauce until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- 3. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cabbage; cook 2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice.
1-1/4 cups: 434 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 991mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
I followed recipe exactly except used fresh vegetables that I had on hand. Nice flavor, not too pea nutty . Next time I would make more sauce. I served it over linguine, and it was a hit
May 16, 2013
Good thing this recipe is for 6 people. My family of four almost wiped the pan clean!
Nov 30, 2012
I guess kids might like this, but I thought it was quite bland. Even with cutting the number of garlic cloves in half, that flavor was overpowering.
Oct 8, 2012
It was fine, but it didn't blow me away--the sauce did not have a distinctive flavor to me.
Jul 4, 2012
I have made this several times, and it is always such a hit. I even make it for company. We love it. I add extra hot sauce and peanut butter and little less cabbage.
May 30, 2012
This is a delicious dish with an authentic flavor. Great for hot weather when you want a satisfying meal without heating up your kitchen. It was also pretty quick to prepare. A big hit at our house.
Mar 31, 2012
Quick and Delicious! I love the salty sweet combination and all of the different textures. This recipe is definetly a do over!
Mar 26, 2012
Wonderful! Even with 5 kids its has been a huge hit! Serve it with pineapple tidbits & coconut for a hint of sweet! Thanks for the recipe!
Mar 5, 2012
This was a fabulous meal! I did double the sauce part cause I like it saucy and it was great!
Dec 30, 2011
This dish was a hit! The whole family loved it. I made it without the additional peanuts to keep the fat content down, but the bits from the peanut butter were enough to add great flavor and texture. Definitely will keep this in the menu box. Thanks for the recipe!!