Nutty Chicken Roll-Ups
Chili powder and cumin give these chicken wraps a bit of a kick. I like that I can make them in advance and keep them in the fridge until mealtime.—Shelly Eckholm, Wing, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 7 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pecans, onion and celery. Combine mayonnaise, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper; stir into chicken mixture.
- Place lettuce on tortillas. Top each with about 1/2 cup chicken mixture; roll up tightly. Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Chicken Roll-Ups in Country Woman July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.