- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the chicken, green pepper, onions, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling into each pita half. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forNutty Chicken Pita Sandwiches
"easy and delicious"
"I have been making these sandwiches since the recipe first appeared. They are always a huge hit! Delicious!"
"Made these pita sandwiches recently for a luncheon group meeting. They were a hit!"