Nutty Caramel Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 4 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies (about 52 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press 2 cups onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon half of the ice cream into the prepared pan. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- 2. Repeat layers with remaining cookie crumbs and ice cream. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds and toffee bits. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 3. To use frozen cake: Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with syrup. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 410 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Caramel Ice Cream Cake
"My sister brought this for the dessert on my daughter's farewell party and it was a huge hit!!! I have printed myself a copy and will definatley be making this. Excellent and so tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I made this for our card group. Everyone LOVED it and wanted the recipe. Delicious. I sliced the few remaining pieces and put in individual freezer containers for my husband's sweet tooth craving."
"a friend from work made this..left out the whipped cream and almonds, and made it in a 13x9 pan..everyone loved it!!"
"The family said this recipe was a definite keeper! I made it in an 8" pan and put caramel topping and toffee bits on both layers. I also used the whole package of pecan sandies but it doesn't have 52 cookies in it anymore - probably only about 42 - but that was enough."