- 25 caramels
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the caramels, butter and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Stir in almonds, peanuts and pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until blended. Drizzle over clusters. Chill until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forNutty Caramel Clusters
"These were easy to make and quite tasty. The hardest thing about them was unwrapping the caramels."
"I have not tried using sugar-free carmel topping, but I am worried that it would not set-up firm the way they do with the traditional packaged carmels. If you are interested in experimenting, you could try it that way and if the batch didn't turn out well, it would still make a delicious topping for ice cream or another dessert!"
"Has anyone tried this using sugar-free caramel topping?"