Nutty Caramel Apple Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Sliced apples
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, apple butter, brown sugar and vanilla until combined. Stir in the peanuts. Serve with apple slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared apple butter.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 210 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 15, 2011
I made this with lowfat cream cheese and served with a variety of apple slices at an office birthday party. It was a huge hit because it wasn't heavy and was healthier than frosted cake. The next day, people had the leftovers as breakfast and it was suggested it would be great on a whole grain bagel, too. We all thought walnuts instead of peanuts would make it even better.
Oct 2, 2011
Great way to get family to eat apples!
Jul 23, 2011
Getting rid of my old cream cheese/brown sugar apple dip recipe. The apple butter really adds something extra special!
Aug 17, 2010
My family loves this dip, not only with apples, but with graham crackers, pretzels and even celery and carrots! LOVE THIS!