- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into oat mixture. Add oil and egg. Fold in pecans. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
2 each: 339 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.