Nutty Beef Turnovers
With crunchy nuts and a touch of cinnamon, these turnovers tantalize taste buds. I make them for appetizers as well as for lunch and dinner.—Jim McLean, Roseau, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a skillet, cook beef, nuts, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, sugar and cinnamon.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each square. moisten edges of pastry with water; fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.