Nutty Artichoke Spread
I keep a can of artichoke hearts in my pantry so I can quickly make my signature appetizer at a moment's notice. I find wheat or whole grain crackers nicely complements the artichoke. Everyone likes this warm spread.—Susan Kruspe, Shortsville, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and onion. Stir in the artichokes, cheese, pecans and bacon. Spoon into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 80 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Artichoke Spread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.